Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a GE Spectra, model J BP79k0D1cc, serial number LA2593490. It start to beep and an F7 fault number appears. I tried un-plugging and plugging back in to no avail. What should I do next. Thanks, XXXXX

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

this is the error meaning .

F0 or F7Shorted Clear/Off Key due to membrane switch, control or connectorShorted key panel membrane switch; Check Electronic Range Control (ERC)

its eaither the keypad or the clock.

to check this take the back panel off the control and unplug the keypad from the clock then plug the range back in. if the code returns replace the clock if not replace the keypad, heres a link to the control, and heres a link to the keypad.

thanks Bryan