Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

When I turned on my Whirlpool Electric Dryer Model# XXXXX

When I turned on my Whirlpool Electric Dryer Model# XXXXX it starts to spin, but slower than normal and then stops turning abruptly as if the power was cut off and the timer is still clicking?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

do you have to wait a few minutes before it will try to start again?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, if you try to restart it immediately it does nothing, but when i wait a minute or so it does the same thing i described in my original question.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
unfortunetly your motor is bad, this motor runs $79.65 at the following link. , the reason it will try to restart after a few minutes is because the thermal overload in the motor itself resets after a few minutes, this kicks the motor off when it overheats, the windings are overheating and that's why it stops, you will need to replace the motor, the link above also has a video to show you how to do it, hope this has been useful, thanks and well wishes, Bryan