Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

We have a Whirlpool gas range SF114PXSWO. It was moved from

We have a Whirlpool gas range SF114PXSWO. It was moved from one location to another, and now we cannot lower the burners enough. They will only reduce to a medium-high level, and we cannot determine the problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Where you live now do you have natural gas or propane, LP?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Propane. same as at previous home.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay so you didn't have to change it over, sounds to me like your regulator on the tank is bad, I'm sure you didn't bring the tank with you so my guess is the regulator that's on the tank at the house you live that now is bad and letting too much pressure through, nothing else makes sense to me if you didn't have to do any changeover that it should run the same as it did at your other house, I would call the gas company that supplies your gas in the morning and have them check the regulator on the tank itself, if you didn't need to change anything in the stove itself there shouldn't be anything in the move that would've caused this problem the burner controls are all separate so it would have to be something other than the burner controls, it's a pressure issue, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan