Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kenmore Elite HE 4 dryer. Was working fine, now all

I have a Kenmore Elite HE 4 dryer. Was working fine, now all lights in the front panels are working but when pressing start it gives 3 beeps and does not start, any ideas?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

There is more to the model number can you get me the rest?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Kenmore Elite HE 4, 110.85081401
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Ok give me a bit to look this up. Thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay, the problem is gonna be the thermal fuse is blown, this is located on the blower assembly, if this fuse blows the dryer will not start the lights will still come on and blank when you push start it will not start, it is a safety, you will need to remove the bottom panel under the door and the front part number 61 on this diagram, and the thermal fuse is number 59 on this diagram, if you click this blue link it will take you to the part and also a video on how to test it, more than likely you are going to find that this is bad, hope this helps, let me know if it checks out good and I'll tell you what the check next, thanks, Bryan