Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

In the last fewmonths, my sheets are coming out of the dryer

In the last fewmonths, my sheets are coming out of the dryer in a bundle, a cylinder shape. My dryer is approximately 5 years old, and this is a recent problem.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

The most common reason for this is the drum is not spinning at the right speed , usually because the belt is slipping, you need to check the belt. I w
I will see if I can get you diagrams,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My husband says there is no sign that the belt is slipping. Is there some way I can check the speed of the drum?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
I really don't know of a way to check the actual speed of the drum but I know this is the most common cause for your issue, if the drum turns to slowly the clothes tend to bunch up at the bottom twisting and not really getting pulled up and around the top of the drum as it spins, especially sheets. You Are all the paddles in place? You're not missing one correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
All the paddels are in place.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Well all I can say is the clothes are bunching up at the bottom because the drum is spinning fast enough, when it's moving too slow the sheets tend to just fall back into the bottom in the paddles come around and do not travel up the side and drop from the top as the drum spins. My guess is your motor is going if the belt is nice and tight and not loose or slipping the motor is slowing down causing the drum to slow down, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan