RUSS
RUSS, SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Experience:  TECHNICIAN AND TEACHER
19031375

I have an emerson MW8115ss Microwave. I need to replace the

I have an emerson MW8115ss Microwave. I need to replace the fuse so that the panel will function again, how do I get to the fuse?

RUSS :

Hi, this is Russ, I'll be helping you with your problem today. THANK YOU! The surrounding metal cabinet has to be removed....the fuse is right where the cord comes through the back wall....BUT the fuse controls AL:L functions, not just a part of the unkit

RUSS :

sorry for typo's

Customer: Russ,
Customer: I knew it contro;lled the whole microwave. The microwave blew the fuse when I plugged it into a new wall socket. I won't be using that socket till I have it looked at by an electrician. But Thanks I willl try that and let you know
Customer: Please don't mind my typo's...LOL
Good luck
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What type of tool do I need to get the bottom two screws on the back off? They are not alan wrench screws. So not sure what I need.
I believe they are TORX HEAD
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Do you know what size torx? or fuse size?

Fuse is a 20A slow blow and I do not know the torx size....I pick up and try! Sorry on that count

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok Thank You ofr all your help
you are very welcome
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hello again. Well I fixed the fuse and then it blew out again. Can you help me? What can cause it to keep blowing out? I have plugged it into 3 seperate plugs... so not sure what can cause it to blow out.
If it is eating fuses there is a short somewhere....finding it will require speccialized HI voltage probes capable of diagnosing 50 thousand volts