Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Washing machine will fill with water, but wont cycle. When

Washing machine will fill with water, but won't cycle. When I removed the water, the machine would fill with water again, but not cycle.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

is this a top loader?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's a stacked washer and dryer
there should be a model # XXXXX when you open the dryer door on the inside or lift the lid on the washer, there should be a tag somewhere there.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Your problem is with your lid switch, it needs to be replaced most likely it is broken and falling down and the post on the lid of the washer is not engaging the switch, these are plastic and break very easily, the switches two screws holding it in that go in through the side with the hole for the lid post goes through the machine, you can order this at the following link, this will take care of your issue, thanks, Bryan