Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My mother-in-law needs to replace a GE dishwasher, model GSD

My mother-in-law needs to replace a GE dishwasher, model GSD 500 P-25AW. Since I will probably have to do the installation, I need to know what current model would be an exact fit.

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

all dishwashers are a standard size, in other words they make dishwashers the same size for the opening that is in the cabinet, the best thing to do is get another G.E. so the water valve hook and drain assebly is on the correct size to minimize the amount of labor like changing the water line connections, this model is exactly the same hookups as the one you have now, GSD2301RWW and it runs around $339.00 but it will correctly fit exactly in the spot you have and all the water lines and wiring will line up the same as the one you have which makes it a lot easier, this one is white but they have other colors such as black and this the black one is model number, GSD2300RBB here is a link to look at all the models,!Less$20than$20$24399 they also have stainless steel, hope this information is useful, thanks and well wishes, Bryan