Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Dryer DG608Does not turn off when clothes dry

Dryer DG608 Does not turn off when clothes dry.  Moisture sensor replaced 8/10

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

does the timer just keep moving at the end of the cycle and go into a new cycle? or does it just get down to the end and not qiute make it to stop?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

There is no visible external timer. Dial just has various cycles to choose from--"air fluff, damp dry, permanent press, or regular". Clothes get dry but dryer does not signal or turn off when clothes are dry.
Unfortunately the control board is bad then. I will look that up for you. I got stuck working all day, give me a bit. Thanks, Bryan
Unfortunately I found the timer part but it's no longer available, this is quite an old machine, I've done a lot of work on these in the past but don't see them anymore, this is what the board looks like, it's up in the control panel but everywhere I've looked it's no longer available, the part number is, 304478 in case you want to search for one, good luck and well wishes, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Before I search for the part and buy one, is there any way to test the old board? I sure would hate to get the part and find out that it was not the problem.
unfortunately no.I'm not sure your going to be able to find this though.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I located a new, not used, circuit board on line and installed it. Did not solve the problem. Is the glass "bulb" on the board supposed to light up?
Do you have any other ideas on why the dryer doesn't shut off after the clothes are dry? Are there any other timers or sensors that control the process?
Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, but I have been so busy with other things that seem to consume my time.

Wayne Park
not really sorry, this machine is really old and were nice machines in theier day but I can only go back so far with this, you would eauither need a tech to check this or replace the machine at this point, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for your help. One more question before I click the green button.
See previous question: Is the glass "bulb" on the circuit board supposed to light up when the dryer is operating?
I believe so but it may be burnt out, I cant be sure. thanks Bryan