Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

My Whirlpool washer will fill and agitate but will not drain

My Whirlpool washer will fill and agitate but will not drain or spin. The timer doesn't even sound like it is kicking into those cycles. Does it sound like the timer is bad?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

No I don't believe your timer is bad, it's gonna be your lid switch that's bad,

this is located on the top of the washer with the plastic pin on the lid goes through the top try taking a pencil and keep in this on in the spin cycle and push down the switch to the hole see if it starts to spin, let me know, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I used a pencil to push down on it. No spin but the switch fell apart.

That's what I thought, these are plastic and a break very easily you didn't break it by put the pencil in it was already falling apart and that's why it doesn't spin or drain, you need to replace the lid switch, you can order this at the following link, and you can do this yourself, the next link I'm going to put up for you is one to show you how to take the cabinet off this machine and get to the switch, click this blue link to see that, some machines are different but they are all covered in this video on how to get the cabinet off and that's all you really need to do to get to the switch, hope this helps thanks and well wishes, Bryan