Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a maytag neptune dryer that I have not used in 5 years

I have a maytag neptune dryer that I have not used in 5 years since we had gas at our previous 2 houses. I want to hook it up in this house. It has a 220V connection. I need to connect the cord at the back. The power cord has White, Black, Green and red connections. The Machine has White, Black, and Blue connections. I would assume the white to white, black to black, and green to blue for the ground...but where does the red connect?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Okay, yes white goes to white which is in the center of the block, black goes to black of course and on the other side I believe is where your blue wire is is that correct? If so you're red will connect there, before putting the white in the center there is a strap that goes to ground it's a copper strip the coils from the very center of the dryer block in connects directly to machine remove that, you green is gonna go with that strap was connected to the dryer body, then you can put your white on the center in the two other wires on the outside black to the black and red to the blue, some machines have different color wire that's all but the two outside one's on the block are line 1 and line 2 which would be red and black, white is always neutral and is always in the center, ground will go directly to the body him machine the green wire on the plug where the copper strap comes off, hope this helps thanks, Bryan