Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Kenmore elite HE3, the hard plastic front liner around the

Kenmore elite HE3, the hard plastic front liner around the metal drum has been destroyed. Plus in the spin cycle at a certain rpm we hear a hard repeating knock, we know its not grandpa trying to get out, could it be a bearing?
Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

yes it is the bearing, the sure sign of it is the front plastic part is all chewed up, the reason that is destroyed is because the tub is hanging too low and scraping the front which means the bearing is gone, the problem is you need to replace the whole rear tub assembly to replace the bearing because this not sold separately, this is a huge and expensive job, if you get me the model number I will show you the rear tub assembly
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thats what i was afraid of, the model number is: 110 42822 201. I am handy with my own repairs but the amount of work, cost of parts via compared to buying what is your opinion?
This is your rear tub assembly, in order to install this you will need to split the tubs which means taking the whole machine apart and it's a real big job trust me I've done these, the other issue was you are probably going to need to replace the front tub because now it is all ripped up you looking at about $360.00 just in those two parts here is a link to the page we could look at the parts or order them if you're brave and want to spend the money, hope this information is useful, thanks and well wishes, Bryan