Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Whirpool Dryer belt broke and we replaced it we let it run

Customer Question

Whirpool Dryer belt broke and we replaced it we let it run twice for 30 seconds each, pushed it back and place and now it does not work at all. Drum was turning and we felt heat.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  The Home Smithy replied 3 years ago.

The Home Smithy :

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. If the answer I provide for you is helpful, please click 'ACCEPT'. I won't be paid if you don't. Thank you.

The Home Smithy :

I will need the model number of your unit to look this up for you.
Please click here for help locating the model number.
Thank you.

Customer:

LER5620KQ1

The Home Smithy :

Ok one moment, please.

The Home Smithy :

I am sorry but I do not have the information you require. I will opt out and another expert may be able to assist you.
Sorry for the inconvienience.

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

The belt is still on this is correct? When you set the dryer and push the start button nothing happens whatsoever correct? You need to check your thermal fuse, this is where you need to start this is located in the back of the dryer if you remove the back panel on the dryer it is part number seven on this diagram, it will be on the left side bottom on the blower assembly, if you click this link it will take you to a video to show you how to check it, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse/2986?modelNumber=LER5620KQ1 let me know the thermal fuse is gone if it's not we can go on from there, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
The b elt is still on, nothing happens when we push the start button, just checked the thermal fuse was good. What 's next be back in 30 min.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Check your door switch, make sure the black plastic part that the door hits hasn't broken off, these are cheap and break easy, if it is still there test the door switch itself for continuity,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We unplugged it and tested it and then plugged it back in and it worked. It must have gotten pulled lose during our operation. Thank you we would have been knocking ourselfs out for days with out your help. If it does not work an hour from now how do I get back to you for more questions?
Pat
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
That's great! I'm glad to hear you got it going, it should run fine, but if you have any further issues even after you press the green accept button you have 30 days to come back and ask me more questions if need be, I don't believe you will have any other trouble with it though, thanks and well wishes, Bryan
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you so much you have been very patient and very helpful.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
You're very welcome, enjoy your day, thanks, Bryan