Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I just bought a Jenn-Air(NNN) NNN-NNNN grill from Sams. It came

I just bought a Jenn-Air(NNN) NNN-NNNN grill from Sam's. It came with a battery, but I can't find where it goes. When I try to start the grill, it won't ignite and I don't hear the clicking sound, so think it may be because the battery is installed. Can you tell me where to install the battery?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

The battery usually goes right in where the pushbutton you push to start the grill is, your model number is XXXXX coming up but from experience this with a usually are most of the time you just have to push and on the switch a little bit on the outside part of it and turn it and the battery holder will popout, and put the switch back on, you're not really removing the whole switch you are just removing the very small part in the front the button part, let me know if that works, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Bryan,

You rock! I unscrewed the igniter button and there was the place for the battery. It ignited right away. You saved Mother's Day! Thank you.

That's great, without being able to bring up the model I took a chance, that's where mine is, thanks and well wishes, Bryan