Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

my frontload whirlpool washer keeps displaying e1 f9 error

my frontload whirlpool washer keeps displaying e1 f9 error codes despite the fact that I've cleaned the drained and checked the drain from the washer to the drain. It drains for a while then displays code.
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

are you using HE detergent
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

- we have always used HE

you did clean out the filter?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
- no - i don't know where it is
your machine is draining too slowly. When it initiates a drain cycle, the water level switch is sensing the water level is still too high after 60 seconds so the computer stops and generates this fault code.

Here are the things to check;

* Check the drain hose and make sure it is not plugged or inked.
* Check/Clean Drain Pump Filter of foreign objects
* Check for Drain Pump Failure

remove the lower front panel and the filer is just inside, unscrew if from the pump and clean it out and this should fix your problem ,,
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I can't seem to figure out how to get the filter out - i've got the panel off and there is a white plastic thing with a ridge that is attached to a soft black plastic item and attached with a spring clamp. Can you help me get the filter out, please?
the white plastic part that has the rubber hoses on it is the pump and the cross bar in the front is the pump, get hold of the cross bar and twist it counter clock wise to unscrew it from the pump and pull it out, you will loose water when you pull it out from the pump
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i'm sure that was it - i got a huge hairball and seven fifty in coin. I'm going to send you the money. thanks so much, Larry!
2 to 1 that was it and thanks