Whrlp Master Tech
Whrlp Master Tech, Whirlpool Master Technician
Experience:  30 years Appliance Field 15 yr with Whirlpool Corp. 9 yrs Whirlpool Technical Assistance Line

I have a Kenmore 70 series electric Heavy Duty dryer Model

I have a Kenmore 70 series electric Heavy Duty dryer Model No 110.667752500. The dryer is inoperative with two symptoms that are evident. The first is that the dryer does not heat on any heat level. The second is that the timer appears to work EXCEPT it stops at about 4-5 minutes and the dryer continues to run (tumble) without shutting off. Other systems appear to run OK...that is....the drum rotates OK, the appliance light is OK, the starter switch turns the unit on OK and the door shuts off the tumbler when open. I have a repair parts list with part number and description. Any diagnostic help appreciated.

Wilson Barbee

Do you have a Volt ohm meter?

and will it tumble on every cycle ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I DO NOT have aa Volt ohm meter....

It WILL tumble on every cycle...

ok You will need to pull it out away from the wall ,unplug the dryer from the outlet .

And lets remove the rear lower panel .

You have a thermal fuse with two blue wires on it .

Bypass the thermostat by putting the two wires togeather and plug tghe unit in and start the unit and see if it heats ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

OK sorry it took so long but I am not by any means a skilled tool user.

I followed your instructions. Using electrical tape, I taped the ends of the two blue wires together and selected the high heat and let it run for 5 minutes. NO heat inside the drum and no heat coming out the vent. I then retaped the two wires again to ensure they were together and ran it again on hight heat for five minutes. No heat in drum or from the vent.

Any other ideas?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Is it possible for a non tech person such as myself to replace the heating element by following some directions and where may I get those directions. Would they come with the part to be replaced?