Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a ge energy star hydro heater front load washer and

I have a ge energy star hydro heater front load washer and all the sudden when I push the start button it just double beeps at me and won't turn on what is the problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The double beep means that the washer doesn't think that the door is shut. Open the door and flick the door switch a few times to see if it will start to function properly. If not, then the door latch assembly with switch will need to be ordered and replaced because it's just not sensing that the door is closed.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sorry I had the wrong model number the right number is XXXXX
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
that doesn't matter, I knew what it was when you said hydro GE front load washer. You still need a new door latch and door switch assembly.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
is that something i can do myself and i hit the lock and the door still opens so thats probably the problem?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
yes, that is probably something you can replace yourself. Below is a link to the part you'd need to order.

And to access the latch to replace it, just open the door and remove the front wire spring clamp around the rubber door gasket. You can then reach through the gasket and reach behind the front panel to replace the latch assembly.