Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

Kenmore Dryer Model 110.66922501 wont heat. Has been decreasing

Kenmore Dryer Model 110.66922501 won't heat. Has been decreasing in temperature since Christmas. Power from wall is good 240 volt. Blower blows. Drum spins. I have front panel off and it seems continuity is good across element from other side of ceramic block. Can I remove element from block and test continuity again?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

did you test continuity with the wires on? Remember to unplug the dryer before doing any tests but you should take one wire off at least on the terminals on the heater in the front of the heater tube, let me know if you did take a wire off, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yes, i had the wires off but I did test the continuity from the other side of the ceramic block or whatever it is. Actually I also testd it from the element side and don't want to force the wires off from that side.
Okay, I think I know what you mean you actually tested on the wire side of the heater on the inside of the tube correct? If that tested good you heaters okay, you need to check the high limit thermostat on the side of the heater tube, you really need to have a wire off of these to test them though, click this link it will take you to a video to show you how to test these, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermal-Fuse-and-High-Limit-Thermostat/2821?modelNumber=110.66922501
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sure enough the thermal fuse shows no continuity when removed! I live near a Sears repair parts store. Would they commonly have the thermal fuse?
I'm not sure, normally I would say no, but it wouldn't hurt to call them and ask, some of the Sears places do carry some parts, I'm glad you found the problem, good work, hope this information I've given you has been useful, thanks very best wishes, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I'll get part and if as I expect all is good you can expect a very positive response! Thanks, Ed
Thanks Ed, I'm sure it will work, they come in a set so make sure you change them both because the cycling thermostat might be the problem with the not heating as well as it used to, thanks very best wishes, Bryan