Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

I have a Kitchenaid microwave oven (Model KHHS179L, S/N TRR2312095)

I have a Kitchenaid microwave oven (Model KHHS179L, S/N TRR2312095) and the door handle has broken off. The plastic screw holes have just broken leaving the two screws protruding from the door. The repair company is saying that I have to replace the entire door, which has no damage other than the missing handle. I called Kitchenaid and they said that the door handle is sold as a separate item. Doesn't this imply that it can be replaced?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

the door handle can be replaced, what color is it?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's silver to match the stainless microwave.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

this is it. let me see if I can pull up the video on how to replace this, heres a link to the part, heres the link to the video also, thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks Bryan!

This has kept me from being ripped off by this repair company. I think I'll send the youtube video to the repairman who said that I needed a new door.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Yeah I have to be careful out there, there are a lot of unscrupulous repairman out there, well wishes and thanks and please don't forget press the accept button if I've helped, thanks Bryan