MRANSWER
MRANSWER, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  30 YRS EXP. FACTORY TRAINED AND AUTHORIZED ON ALL MAJOR BRANDS
13971964

Frigidaire FRS26ZRF sdie by side frost proof Freezer is working.

Frigidaire FRS26ZRF sdie by side frost proof
Freezer is working. Fridge side not keeping cold. Thoug bottom is cold. No cold air coming in from top left opening. Some frost inside on rear upper back panel of freezer. Not a lot.
Here is what I have tried:
1. advanced defroster switch-- it clicked off.
Let it run through cycle.
2. Last week I ran hot air form a hair dryer down the insde back of freezer--a few hours later cold air in fridge side. (there was a lot of water in pan under freezer side.) Cold air in fridge for about five days
3. Tried this again today--no cold air coming out. checked drip pan--its dry.
Please help me trouble shoot problem.
The heater is out or the defrost limit is. You can bypass the limit and see if the heater will come on, or just buy both of these cheap parts and replace them. A new timer would not hurt either if you are replacing the others.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the timer is at the bottom front left. Where is the heater and bypass?
On the coil that is icing up
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I need a little help here...I have never done this....where is the coil? How do I get to it?
Behind the lower rear wall of the freezer-just remove the few screws to get it off.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK I see it. Wow. the coils are really all iced up. Once I get the panel off. How do I go around the defrost limiter?
Just jump it with a piece of wire. I am obviously leading youn the right track here; I fix these for a living.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OThanks so much...one more question then we are done...I see a round 2 inch plastic plug/access plate on the lower back wall..wha't that?
An inspection hole to see if the coil is iced without having to remove the panel.