Appliance Medic
Appliance Medic, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Factory Trained CFC Technician

I have a Dacor EBR - SCO. The springs for the oven door have

Customer Question

I have a Dacor EBR - SCO. The springs for the oven door have either broken or become detached from the door. Do I have to remove the unit from the cabinet frame to replace the springs. We are going to remodel later this year and want to have a functioning oven door until then.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Medic replied 3 years ago.

The oven door will lift off and separate. No need to pull the unit to change the hinges. I may be able to find a video that explains how to take the door off.

Let me know
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are you saying that the parts that need replacing are in the door?
Yes,

Look in the vent above the door with a flash light. The model number is XXXXX a white sticker inside. Get the model and I may be able to look the parts up for you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I gave it above. Do you need something other than EBR - SCO?
Yes, I need the complete model number to look the parts up for you.

To answer your question the oven does not need to be pulled and yes the parts are inside the oven door.

Let me know friend
Experience: Factory Trained CFC Technician
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I unscrewed the two halves of the oven door, and all that is in there is a hollow space to put the outside part of the hinge. there is no spring or any other parts inside the door. the spring replacement has to attach to the main body of the unit. Can we resolve this?
The springs are inside the door. The model number is XXX pulling up.. Check behind the vent for the complete model number?

If you are sure there is no spring inside the door, then yes the oven would infact need to be pulled.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
All I can come up with is CTM - 2C, which references the stove top modules, I think. This stove is at least 30 years old, and I think that is why you can't find the number. There is a Dacor Service store near here, and I'll check with them.
Thanks that is the model number. There are cables on this model and a spring in the oven cavity. The oven does need to be pulled out about 3/4 the way to complete the repair. The cables are what normally breaks the spring is inside the oven.