Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

washer makes high pitch humming noise in spin. we can see the

washer makes high pitch humming noise in spin. we can see the motor . there is a rubber gasket not attached to anything .where does it go?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

there is more to this model # XXXXX you get that to us ?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Model #LSQ8000LQ1 we have the washer apart and under the aggater motor there is a foam ring that has come off .I spoke to sears and they said it was to buffer noise but we dont know where it goes
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
the foam ring is just a noise buffer . thats not causing the humming noise however. is this acually spinning? is is more like a whining noise?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Foam ring is hanging around outside of aggator . it doesnt move, when the washer is on spinning mode it makes this noise. I had been washing and it was in this mode when i heard the noise. i was washing rugs. at the last spin it started
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
ok this is what you see hanging correct? Main Product View this is a noise dampining foam piece but these come loose all the time and dont cause a humming noise, what you need to check first is the drain pump. remove it and look inside for a piece of the rug or something else in it, the sound dampening faom is part # XXXXX on this diagram, it goes around the break drum. round part underneath,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ok. I have a dr. appointment so can I get back to you later? In the mean time when I get back I will take the pump apart and see if there is anything in the drain. Thank you
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
sure no problem,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We just checked the drain pipe and there was nothing clogging it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
We just checked the drain pipe and there was nothing clogging it. I have been on line for over 25 min. waiting for an answer. is any one there?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
did you check the pump itself? take it off and check it? I'm sorry I had to run out on a job just got back.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
OK. and you do this for a living? haha! the man of the house says"ya but it doesnt look that easy" do you have a easy way.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
there are two matel clips holding the pump onto the motor, this is the pump, and heres a video on how to remove it, http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drain-Pump/3296?modelNumber=LSQ8000LQ1 click the blue link, once removed check in\side real good for a paper clip, hiarpin, or anything else that can cause the noise.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
do you have to remove the front and side panel of the washer to do this? right now we have the washer front down.
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
click this link to take the cabinet off. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6XIsK3W_Qcg&feature=related first set the machine back up.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
did not find anything in drain hose or pump
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
ok , do you know how to jump out the lid sitch and take the pump off the motor while the machine is empty try the spin without the pump connected to the motor so we can eliminate that?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
can turn the shaft and belt with no noise and easy
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
Well I don't know what belt you're talking about this one doesn't have a belt it has a direct drive coupling between the motor in the transmission but all that aside turning it by hand is not getting it up to speed where you will hear the noise, there may be something in your tub also I can't be sure until you can test this with the pump off the motor and the machine spinning at speed,
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
okay... we dont have any noise now. I dont know what it was . but now how do the brass clamps conect the back?
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

are they off completely?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

Okay, these go into slots on the motor, you put them in sideways and then turn them to lock them in to the motor and then snap them back over the pump, this video will show you how the pump goes back on, you may need to turn the motor shaft to line it up so the pump goes on fully up against the motor, unfortunately this videos going to take you through how to take the cabinet off also but just wait until you get to the part where it shows you how to replace the pump it's more near the end of the video,

, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DwV71h86Gxw just click that blue link, thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i explained it wrong... sorry ok the two brass clamps that attach the back to the top of the washer. to close it up. they snake up and down
Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.

oh okay, first off when you put the top cabinet back on make sure you slide underneath the front at an angle and then set it back down so it sits flat and the back panel pulls up against it tightly, then you take the small hook end and slipped them into the slots on the back panel and bigger arounder part of the clips snap down in the holes on the top of the cabinet, if you watch the video to the end it shows you how those clips go back in you just have to make sure the cabinet is sitting down on both sides in the back into the slots on the bottom of the cabinet and then pull the back toward you and snap the clips back in, sometimes if you don't have the cabinet aligned correctly these don't go back in easily, I've even had trouble doing that so just watched the video carefully and you should get it done, thanks and well wishes, Bryan

Expert:  Bryan replied 3 years ago.
did you get it?
Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: 15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
yes thank you very much... I now can repair washers but i will still call on you. Thank you againCool