Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

I have an Amana 25 cu ft bottom-freezer refrigerator. All

Customer Question

I have an Amana 25 cu ft bottom-freezer refrigerator. All of a sudden my freezer is super cold, so much so that the ice cream is too hard to dish out. I changed the setting one position and it didn't make a difference. Any idea what could be causing it?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

the thermistor is bad, this senses the temperature. these are cheep. around $ 7.00 at the following link. http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Thermistor/1057227?modelNumber=AFD2535DES it # XXXXX on this diagram, its located in the fresh food section , thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Can I replace it myself or do I need a technician?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
you can probably do this yourself, you will find this in where the controls are inside the fresh food section, you just need to remove a few screws to get to it, unplug the refrigerator first, if you dont fell cofortable doing this a tech will probably run you around $79.00 for a service call. thanks Bryan
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
thanks Bryan