Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

My Inglis washing machine seems to leak during spin cycle on

My Inglis washing machine seems to leak during spin cycle on a high load. I noticed that the drum inside really wobbles from side to side when I move it. Is that normal? This machine was purchased in 1996.It happens when washing jeans or  a big flannel sheet.I have levelled the machine. A new floor was installed in the laundry room and I wonder if the moving about of the machine caused difficulties?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

The drum is designed to move around, it's just sitting on a rigid frame and has some springs around the bottom to pull the tub back into place if it moves too far. You'll need to take the outer shell off and bypass the lid switch and just watch it through a cycle to see what might be causing the leak. it sounds like you may have a leaking hose or splashing water for one reason or another? Hard to say for certain without actually seeing the leak. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take your unit apart.