Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

bosh shu43c my dishwasher will not drain water stands in the

Customer Question

my dishwasher will not drain water stands in the bottom after washing ,but it washes so pump seems to run for that. i recently replaced the water valve in it ,not sure i have the 3 wires connected correctly. pump semme to run
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

Bosch dishwashers are not easy to work on for drain issues unfortunately.

You'll need to open the door and remove the center cylinder filter as well as the silver stainless mesh filter plate. This will allow you get gain access to the plastic sump (or pump cavity) below the filters. There is a little plastic dome held down by 1 screws on down inside the left side of the sump. Remove the screw (it's a size 15 torx bit screwdriver) and check for any blockages to the drain pump impeller that is now exposed. Put the cap back on and run another cycle to see if it works. If not, you'll need to uninstall the unit, disconnect the drain hose and blow through it to see if it's clear. If it's clear---replace the drain pump. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to take the sump apart to check the drain impeller.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
there are 3 wires that go to thre water valve wheh the time comes for the drain to start the electric blowers and i have to reset brakers im not sure if i have the 3 wires on correctly to the vale
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
The green wire should be connected to the metal bracket on the valve. The other 2 wires connect to the valve.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
I wish you the best of luck.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i connected the 3 wires as instructed i am getting 115 volts on both valve wires when tested to gd. but the valve is not opening to let water in (new valve)
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
the water valve is not opening when i connect the 2 wires to the valve and the green wire to the gd
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
It sounds like your valve is bad then if it's getting 120 volts. If it's not getting 120 volts, then chances are connecting the wires incorrectly shorted the control board and you'll need a new control board.