Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my dishwasher made a funny noise, stopped working and has a

my dishwasher made a funny noise, stopped working and has a burnt rubber smell. sears can't make it out here until next week. is there an electrical problem danger?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

Can you get us the full model number? What make machine is this?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it is a bosch dishwasher. model # XXXXX
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

what kind of noise did this make?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it made kind of a cracking noise during the initial wash cycle. i unfortunately went for a walk after that & came back to the smell in the house & the machine without any lights on & full of water in the bottom.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
was the noise comming from the control panel? could you tell? Does this smell like an electrical burning?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
the noise came from the interior of the machine - not the control panel. i thought maybe something had been caught but then pushed aside. I think it's a burnt rubber smell.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
Okay most likely you have something stuck in the main pump assembly, assembly number 19A on this diagram, this can be a real pain to get to it requires usually removing the machine and taken it apart, sometimes you can go into the top by taking the spray arm assembly and top of sump assembly off and possibly find what is jammed in the impeller assembly, although if this is been sitting there running all day or trying to run you may have fried the pump motor, if you can't get at it from the top inside the new may need to call a service tech out to remove the machine and get it apart, these can be a real son of a gun to work on and you may get it over you head, if you wish to try however here is a link to all the diagrams for your machine, thanks, Bryan