Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

my microwave is not heating water or any food model number

my microwave is not heating water or any food model number jvm1871sk04
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

if everything is working but just not heating its the magnetron, this is what heats the food, this is a job for a qualified microwave technician however, it is extremely dangerous to open a microwave and work on it, the high-voltage capacitor can store enough voltage to kill you even when it's unplugged, the part runs around $122.00 and the average service call the replace this is from $79-$99. Depends on who you call, most people opt to replace the microwave when it comes the this repair, be safe if you plan on having this repaired please have a qualified technician install this, hope this helps, thanks, Bryan