Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

The same refrig. 4 years old now. Expensive. Temp in freezer

The same refrig. 4 years old now. Expensive. Temp in freezer is fluctuating. Set at 0 but goes from -2 to 13 degrees. Temp change is real. Ice melts in bin and re-freezes. Some icicles. Test container of ice cream goes soft and then hard. Freezer runs for long periods then doesn't for same. About a week now. Likely repair of what part?

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

it sounds like your control board is failing, I am out of the office but will be back in about an hour, in the meantime can you get me the full model #? thanks Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
just got back, sorry, we got hit by the tornados and people are calling left and right no that the powers back on, I'm looking at your appliance now, give me a few minutes. thanks Bryan
I hate to tell you its the board but I think thats whats going on, but before repling this is there any frost buildup on the back wall inside the freezer behind the food?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No, there's hardly anything in there
Okay that's not good news then, this is your control board # XXXXX it's part number 801 on this diagram and is located on the back of the refrigerator behind an 8 x 10" panel, shown this diagram, there is a link to the part, 028/0046/363/Model-PSHW6YGZBESS/0432/0165000?keySuffixId=NA&productTypeId=0165000&searchModelNumber=PSHW6YGZBESS&subCompDesc=Sealed%20system%20&%20mother%20board&brandDesc=GE&modelDesc=REFRIGERATOR-Z-SERIES&blt=11 thanks and very best wishes, Bryan