Anon-aabbcc
Anon-aabbcc, Appliance Technician
Experience:  12+ Years experience
59233469

GE washer model # XXXXX Cycle selector knob will not

Customer Question

GE washer model # XXXXX Cycle selector knob will not turn the selector. The part into which the spindle goes is 7031A 17505749P008 M298. The gears of this part are bably worn. What needs to be done to remove the gears which the selector knob turns?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
Hi....Bob here... I see you are having a problem with your washer...TO remove look just behind the knob #8...You will see the plastic clip#9...Push it off..Then remove knob and timer dial...When you go to install the new parts..But the clip into the slot on the back of the knob..Then install the knob..Push it on....You are done...!!! Also if you have time ..Once you use the accept option today.Please stop by and leave some feedback for my time helping you..Thanks Bob

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
I have already tried what you suggest. That does NOT get at the problem of replacing the defective gear teeth which are behind the control panel. That looks like part 100 on your diagram.
Expert:  Anon-aabbcc replied 5 years ago.
HI my name is Sean, thanks for choosing Just Answer, you need to change #100 on that image that bob uploaded it is the timer assembly the gearing is part of that, to get to the timer you need to remove 3 screws its marked as #151 on the image they are on the back of the control panel once you remove those the panel will swing forward slightly and then you need to slide it slightly to to the left to unhook the control panel to remove it further and you will see the timer on the right its right behind the knob, unfortunately has to be replaced only way to fix it, they run close to $100.00, if you need further assistance let me know. Please remember we dont get paid unless you hit accept. Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I had already removed the timer assembly, but thought there might be a way to replace the gear wwhich is a part of it. So I really haven't been helped. Thaank you

Ok well i understand that, but if there was a way to remove it i would tell you but there isnt, im sorry for the news.