Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.
10522817

hi, we have a kitchenaid dishwasher (8573025) that is a few

Customer Question

hi, we have a kitchenaid dishwasher (8573025) that is a few years old, but has been working fine. All of a sudden it stopped working and we are getting flashing lights at normal, rinse only and cancel. The lights flash steadily and none of the buttons respond. Do you have any ideas? Thanks
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

this model # XXXXX come up , can you open the door and look on the side wall for the tag with the full model #? thanks, Bryan

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi, thanks for getting back to me. Here is the # XXXXX Thanks!
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok , you will need to resend that model # XXXXX a space between each # XXXXX computer rejecked it,it must have thought it was a phone # XXXXX
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Weird. Ok here goes again: K U D P 0 2 F R B L 1

serial # XXXXX XXXXX T 2 2 0 3 8 6 4

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok great, got it. your main control board has failed. it will need to be replaced, you can order this @ http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Main-Control-Board/1373167?modelNumber=KUDP02FRBL1 this is located in the control panel its part # XXXXX on this diagram, thanks, Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

thanks. So does this require a technician to install, or is it something that if I order it, I could install with remote support?

thanks

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
you can install this yourself, there are screws on the inside of the door you need to remove and then it just plugs in. no real technical info needed. just make sure you shut the power of at the breaker first, thanks Bryan
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
ok thanks. you have to shut the power off at the main breaker panel of the house?
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
just the one to the dish washer. not the whole house.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

ok thanks, sorry 2 more questions:

1) the breaker for the DW is still at the main breaker right, or would it be at the DW?

2) in the diagram, I see part #11,, but where does that go? at the bottom of the DW where you take the screws out from the horizontal metal plate beneath the door?

Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok , the breaker is at the main box yes. the control board is on the inside of the control panel (behind the buttons you push to set it) the screws are along the inside of the door when you open it, sometimes all you need to take out for screws is the ones at the top of the inside of the door.