Bryan, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  15 yrs. experience as a certified appliance technician.

Noise coming from the bottom of our Whirlpool Gold Conquest

Noise coming from the bottom of our Whirlpool Gold Conquest side-by-side refrigerator.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.

Hi,Welcome to Just Answer, My name isXXXXX will be helping you with your appliance issue today.

can you get us the full model # ?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
is the noise comming from inside the freezer? does it sounds like a fan blade hiiting something?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Noise is from behind the rubber guard under the refrigerator. In fact, i touched the rubber guard and the noise stopped.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No I mean the rubber guard - the exterior, that's all; behind which is the part that is making the noise.
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
the bottom grill ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I just took off the rubber guard. Man, it is dusty in there. The noise is coming from just behind the grill, more to the righ side of the refrigerator; definitely under the refrigerator, not under the freezer. Noise is fairly loud and steady; not scratchy' like a small motor noise
Expert:  Bryan replied 5 years ago.
ok its the condenser fan motor, there may be just a buildup of dust on it and its throwing it off balance, you need to pull the refrigerator away from the wall and remove the bottom access panel and clean it real good, its p0art # XXXXX on this diagram, if cleaning the fan doesnt stop the noise you will nee to replace it, you can order this @ thanks Bryan