John, restaurant equipment technician
Experience:  25+ years experience. I'm now employed by a commercial cooking equipment service company

My GE microwave model JES1344 will not turn on at all. I have

Customer Question

My GE microwave model JES1344 will not turn on at all. I have checked the outlet and have tried the microwave in other outlets. There is nothing happening, no lights, no power, etc. This happened during or after I cooked a 30 minute chicken recipe in there. Any reason that could have caused a malfunction? Is this a fuse problem? If it is, what fuse do I need? The manual is NO help on that one. : )
Category: Appliance
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.

There's a inline fuse inside the oven to protect the control components in the event of a power outage. When it opens up, everything stops functioning. To access the fuse, remove the U-shaped outer oven cover and trace the black power wire, until you come to the fuse holder. Replace it with an identical type that you can find at most hardware stores.

If my answer helps you, please click on the 'accept' button. That's how we experts are paid for our efforts.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I don't have anything that is U shaped to remove, I will have to remove the back of the microwave I am guessing.. Also, the screws that hold the stainless steel outer part to the white back are like philips head only with more prongs and there is a pin in the middle that sticks up. Is there a special tool that would let me remove these? I have srewdrivers with more than 4 prongs but none that allow for a post sticking up the middle of the screw head.
Expert:  John replied 5 years ago.
The screws are tamper proof for safety purposes. You can buy the proper driver, either separately or in sets, at a hardware store. It's called a star drive.