Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I have a samsung regrigerator RF265ABBP The icemaker is

I have a samsung regrigerator RF265ABBP The icemaker is making ice, however it is coming out without being broken into individual pieces. The only think I can see that may be wrong is that there is a sensor that is hanging down into the ice bin. Can someone help?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

I guess I'm not sure what you are trying to say. Is the ice in the ice bucket all melting together and re-freezing into a big block? Or is the ice dropping from the icemaker mold in slaps of 8 cubes or so and not breaking apart or??
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Scenario #2 falling into the bin in larger than normal chunks of ice. 4+ cubes are all together
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
then make sure the water pressure isn't too high going to your refrigerator and if everything checks good, you need to order and replace the icemaker itself because it's filling up with too much water in the icemaker mold.

There isn't anything that breaks up the ice, it should just break when it drops from the icemaker into the icemaker bin.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
What is the white sensor? I do not remember it hanging down like it does. Should it be elsewhere?
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
the white sensor should be attached to the bottom of the icemaker mold somewhere itself and it tells the icemaker when it's cold enough and ready to cycle and dump the ice.