Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

We have a dual fuel oven/cook top, model jds9860aap. One of

We have a dual fuel oven/cook top, model jds9860aap. One of the stove top gas inserts has stopped working - when one tries to start it, the gas runs but there is no spark. The other insert works fine, and when the two inserts are switched, the one which used to work on the left side (for instance) works well on the right side, while the one which didn't work on the right side exhibits the same problem (gas runs, no spart) on the other side. To me, that suggests that the problem is in the insert itself, but there appears to be no broken wires, etc.

Help and thanks.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

you are exactly right, something is wrong with the insert itself. Try sanding the spark tip to make sure it makes a good connection. If it still doesn't spark and light the burner, you'll just need to replace the spark tips.