Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

my amana washer is walking all over floor washer is level it

Customer Question

my amana washer is walking all over floor washer is level it does this even with no clothes in it it vibrates a lot
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 3 years ago.
Hi....Bob here... I see you are having a problem with your washer.Is this a frontloading washer..Do you have a model number please..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
top loader
Most often when a toploader walks along the floor..Is is due to either a tub support broken or the tub bearing worn..Once the bearing wears it needs to be replaced As it will no longer keep the tub spinning true.
Experience: 23 Years Major Appliance Repair
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
how do i tell what is in need of repair
You would need to remove the front panel...Check the tub suspension first..Look for anything broken..If not then the tub bearing is most likely the problem..The tub would need to be removed and the bearing replaced..
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
doesnt look like anything is broken how do i tell if the bearing is bad any way to tell with out complete dissasembly
PRoblem is you will not be able to tell..Can you locate a model number for me..?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
ntw5400tq1
Good model number..On these washers the problem will be a combination of spring pressure and the center post bearing set #20...Depending upon what condition the washer is in..It is really difficult to replace the bearings or springs and have the washer work as new again..If it were mine..The Time ,Money and labor involved i would replace the washer..

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thanks for your help we will think about a new washer
If you are looking for a basic affordable washer then look at the Whirlpool Roper...Lowes carrys it..For under $300.00..Thanks again Bob
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
is that a reliable washer?
It is pretty close to the one you have now...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
thank you would have been lost without you
No problem at all...Thanks Bob