Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

I have a Whirlpool Accubake, about 10 years old. I have had

I have a
Whirlpool Accubake, about 10 years old. I have had a major problem with the oven lately. While my food is in the oven baking, the oven door locks and the oven cleaning mechanism comes on, the oven door locks. No matter what I do I can't get it to turn off.
I push all the buttons and I think what makes it turn to "cool" is that the timer goes off.
Has this happened to other people?
Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

When it does this what shows on the display?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It shows CLN and I think that is the same message it shows when the oven is cleaning.
The unit does not turn on by itself ever does it?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
No if I understand you correctly, it does not turn on by itself. If I turn the oven on, like this morning I turned it on to make biscuits, and a minute or two later the oven cleaning mechanism turned on .
Hate to tell you this, however you will need to replace the control on the unit, this is part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN You can order the parts you need from the following places,,,, or, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

If possible will please leave me Positive feedback as we are graded on our help to you. If you cannot leave Positive feedback please let me know why so I can try to help more.