Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

overfilling dishwasher Again!!!! D 3561 model

Customer Question

Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If your dishwasher is flooding, either your water valve is sticking open, or the pressure switch is faulty and needs to be replaced.

If there is no way to stop the flooding other than turning the water valve off on your house, you need a new electronic water valve. If the flood stops on it's own, you need to order and replace the pressure switch. Below is a link to a video that will show you how to replace the pressure switch if needed.

CLICK HERE

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
That is not the problem, I have no water entering the dishwasher but the control panel states overfilling. Cancel my request and please refung my money, I feel this has been a waste of my time.
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
I know the control panel says "overfilling". That's because there is water in the basepan. If you'd watch the video it talks about taking the water out of the base pan. Once there is water in the base pan, the dishwasher will not work until you drain all the water out of the basepan out.