Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech

i have a kenmore type 107 top loader washer, it filled up with

i have a kenmore type 107 top loader washer, it filled up with water then stopped, i did the pen trick and still can hear a click in and out any options to fix this problem
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 3 years ago.
Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

Thank you for using JustAnswer's for your appliance questions, Myself and all the other experts are anxious to help you with your problem today. If you will please explain your problem and the model and serial number we can get started...

The model number on Kenmore or Sears products consist of 11 digits usually, the first 3 digits tell us who made it for them and the remainder is the model number, please send the model number in the following format: 123.45678901, this will allow Just Answer to display the number and not think it is a phone number and X it out like this XXXXXXXXXX,

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
110.25294500
Expert:  Chas replied 3 years ago.
The lid switch is hidden and cannot be accessed with a pen, did you remove the control panel to get to the lid switch?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

where is the control panal

Expert:  Chas replied 3 years ago.
The control panel is where you turn the knobs on the unit to run it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The control panel is on the top. How do you open it?

Expert:  Chas replied 3 years ago.
Item 8 in the diagram below has to be depressed, you can do one of 2 ways, one is to insert a butter knife blade and push it to release or you can open the lid and move the tub to one side and reach in and push it back with your fingers, there is 2 of these one on each side.

graphic

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i have the control panel off now what
Expert:  Chas replied 3 years ago.
The lid switch is on the left hand side, to remove it, open the lid and then you should be able to unclip it from the top. then you can use the pen to try and activate the switch, if the unit runs let me know?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

it runs does that mean i need a switch

Expert:  Chas replied 3 years ago.
Yes you will need to replace it with part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN You can order the parts you need from the following places, www.apwagner.com, www.repairclinic.com, www.searspartsdirect.com, or www.partstore.com, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

If possible will please leave me Positive feedback as we are graded on our help to you. If you cannot leave Positive feedback please let me know why so I can try to help more.
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience: Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech