Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I have a Maytag model MDB9100AWW dishwasher. WAter leaks very

I have a Maytag model MDB9100AWW dishwasher. WAter leaks very slowly down the float stem. I ordered and received a new float which looks exactly like the old one. How do I remove the old and replace it with the new?. The old one goes up and down as I lift it and I dont see any set screws or retainer clips. I am afraid of forcefully pulling the old one out and possibly damage or break something underneat. Is this a snap in or friction fit part? When I look under the factory replacement part there seems to be a keyway typy slot at the far end of the unit. Please help.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
Hi....Bob here... I see you are having a problem with your dishwasher..Remove the float switch #29 first..It can be located underneath behind the front bottom kickplate..Remove the kickplate will give you full access to remove the float..