Barry G.
Barry G., Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  27 years in home appliance repair. EPA refrigerant transition and recovery certification type I & II.

Hello mystery service techie ! I own an

Hello mystery service techie !

I own an amana bottom freezer refrig that is simply cycling, and never turning off. I always hear the fan whirring, and was not the case when I first bought it 3 years ago. I have defrosted it, pulling all food out for 12 hours. vacumed, and wet toweled off the coils underneath, pulled the back panel, and cleaned the back vent, fan blades, and everywhere I can reach. The freezer is running at 20 below, and have it turned down to level 3. Please help me I am determined to find out what is happening with this otherwise great refrig. Thanks for helping ! Call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX if talking would be more efficient.

Thanks for your expertise ...Paul Zenaty
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.
Hello Paul my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisiting you.

There is only one part that will do that and thats the control board. The control board is the control where you change temperatures. That part controls everything that refrigerator does.

To change unplug the refrigerator from the wall outlet. Take down the panel where you change the temperature. Then you can see the circuit board change it out and follow the instruction sheet that comes with the part to program the new board.
That will take care of it.

If you have questions please ask.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thanks for responding. Would that account for the refrig not having its usual caudre of noises? gurgles, pops, humming, boiling sound. Could it be the compressor, or loss of coolant ? I hear the cooling fans operating continuously.

Thanks for your help.

Paul Zenaty
Expert:  Barry G. replied 5 years ago.
Hi Paul you are welcome,

If the freezer is running a 20 below there is not a loss of freon. The popping and gurgling occurs because the compressor first starts and there are bubbles of gas freon mixed with the liquid freon. Since the unit is not shutting down the gas freon has all been changed to liquid, no bubbles to pop or gurgle. Thats quite normal as it is the compressors job to change the gas to liquid. Its just at the beginning some gas is mixed with the liquid.

Please ask if you have questions,