Chas
Chas, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  Maytag, Whirlpool, GE & Kenmore Factory Trained Service Tech
13353276

I have a Kenmore elite(NNN) NNN-NNNNdishwasher. I push any

Customer Question

I have a Kenmore elite(NNN) NNN-NNNNdishwasher. I push any cycle or start button, LED lights and so does the Rinse Aid empty LED but nothing happens
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
Hi, my name is Chas, I am hoping that I will be able to help you with your problem today..

You can get each button to light up on the control panel?

WARNING, if you use the OPT OUT button on the tool bar, this will bar me from answering back to you. once pressed I cannot answer anymore of your questions...Use this button with caution...
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes, each cuycle and option button lights corresponding LED
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
With the door shut press the following keys in sequence, do this within 6 seconds

Hi Temp Wash
Heated Dry
Hi Temp Wash
Heated Dry

Tell me what it does when you do that?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Chas - I don't have a heated dry but when I press Hi temp - Air dry - High Temp - Air dry, all the LEDs came on and stayed on. I pressed cancel and lights went out.

Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
That is good, do it again the same way but do not press cancel, just wait it out and until it is done, it can take up to 5 minutes for the whole process.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Been close to 10 minutes and light are still on

Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
Are all the lights on or they keep changing?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
All lights have remained consistantly on
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
What happens when you press the cancel button 2 times?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

All lights go out including the "cancel" light

Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
Then you do have a bad electronic control, this is part number(NNN) NNN-NNNN You can order the parts you need from the following places, www.apwagner.com, www.repairclinic.com, www.searspartsdirect.com, or www.partstore.com, all of these places offer easy returns and reasonable prices for their items.

Your acceptance of my answer if helpful to you, requires that you press the GREEN ACCEPT button, this will allow me to get credit for helping you today, The deposit you paid in the beginning is just that and does not transfer to any experts until you press it...

NEGATIVE FEEDBACK should not be given, I am willing if my advice is not SATISFACTORY to give you a refund of your deposit. I cannot know everything since I am not there with you to see all the conditions that the appliance we are talking about,

Pressing the ACCEPT button will not stop me from continue to helping you in the future if needed on the problem we are working on..

If you are on a SUPSCRIPTION PLAN for JustAnswers you still need to press the GREEN ACCEPT button, you will not be charged more than you monthly subscription rate you have??

Bonuses are welcome if I have helped you a lot, however they are not mandatory

If possible will please leave me Positive feedback as we are graded on our help to you. If you cannot leave Positive feedback please let me know why so I can try to help more.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Chas - I ordered and installed tonight the new control board. It still doesn't work. Same problem as with old module except $124 poorer. Any advise
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Any more advise or can I get credit to my account. I will take it up with my credit card company
Expert:  Chas replied 6 years ago.
I am working on it, I hope to have an answer this evening..