Randy, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  25 years of overall experience: Owner and technician of own appliance repair business.

My washing machine, a front loader, stopped in the spin cycle.

My washing machine, a front loader, stopped in the spin cycle. I think I overloaded it, and now it won't spin at all. But the motor makes a groaning noise, like it's trying to spin.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Randy replied 5 years ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I am here to assist you. Do you happen to have the model number for your washer?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
My friend is going downstairs to look....
Expert:  Randy replied 5 years ago.
Thank you
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Model (P) MAH8700AWW
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Are you still there?
Expert:  Randy replied 5 years ago.

Hello again and sorry about the delay. Actually what you need to check is the drain pump to make sure it isn't clogged with anything. The way front loaders work is that if the drain pump is clogged then the washer won't go in to spin to protect the washer. The grinding noise is the drain pump trying to pump but is unable to. I am m sending you a diagram of your washer and the drain pump is #15 on the diagram. The best way to access the pump is by taking off the back of the washer. Now, if you have a wet/dry vac you will need it as when you take the hoses off the drain pump you will get water. Hope this helps and let me know how it goes please. Thank you, Randy.