Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.

I cleaned my Amana stove with the self cleaning and I went

I cleaned my Amana stove with the self cleaning and I went to stop the process because it was smelling up my house. Every few min. it flashes F-9 and beeps. I can't get it to stop beeping. It flashes "lock" over and over and no matter what I press, like cancel, it doesn't do anything. After about one min. it starts beeping again.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

F9 means that your door latch has failed unfortunately. Try turning the breaker off to the unit for 60 seconds to see if it will reset. If not, then try to set the self clean, wait 60 seconds and cancel it to see if that will reset the door latch assembly. If nothing resets the door lock, then you just need to manually open the door and replace the door latch assembly. It's not easy to manually unlock the door. You'll need to use a coat hanger and pull the latch assembly from RIGHT to LEFT by slipping it down between the door and the oven frame at the top. Force the latch over to the left and open the door, then you can remove the panel in front of the door latch and replace the latch assembly.