repairman4734, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  38 years in self-employed major appliance & refrigeration service. Have 2 licenses to do refrig.

my kitchen aide refrig door is slightly open at bottom non

Customer Question

my kitchen aide refrig door is slightly open at bottom non hinge side
Category: Appliance
Expert:  repairman4734 replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is Farrell & I will be helping you with your problem today. Thank you for using just answer. The refrig. door may have gotten a slight tweak in it. Take your foot and place it on the bottom of the door on the left edge. Hold it in place with your foot, while you pull outward at the top, maybe a couple of times. See if it helps at all and let me know. Thanks.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no..did not "bend" back
Hi, how is the gasket in that area, does it seem " squashed " ?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
gasket seems normal...door is flush at top and sticks out maybe 1/4 on the bottom. it is the right side door as i am standing in front
Hi, when you open the door to its full opening, does it stop three quarters of the way, or does it fold all the way around. If it does it may have warped the door. If not, then you probably will need to change the gasket part number 2159083 $114.04 at sears parts and servicenter. What I was referring to in the first part of this email, was some kind of damage to the door panel.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
it does not open all the way it stops 3/4. It is NOT the gasket material it is VERY even all the way around
OK, the door is held in place by a top hinge and a bottom hinge, both of which are staitionary. You say the gasket is good, the only thing it leaves then is a warped door panel. There is nothing else.. Part number for door panel is L2219830S I have no price on this. Part is available at sears parts and servicenters. thanks.
Just had a thot. Check the racks and crisper drawers and make sure they are all in as far as they will go.