repairman4734, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  38 years in self-employed major appliance & refrigeration service. Have 2 licenses to do refrig.

i have a kennmore 80 series washingmachine that just keeps

i have a kennmore 80 series washingmachine that just keeps filling with water and wont stop. It seems like whatever lets the machine know it is full of water is not working. Do you know what part I might need? The model # XXXXX XXXXX 27812692
Category: Appliance
Expert:  repairman4734 replied 5 years ago.
Hi, my name is Farrell & I will be helping you with your problem today. Thank you for using just answer. The water level switch on your machine has gone bad. Part number to replace is:
w10335056 water level switch $56.45 available thru sears parts and servicenters. Hope this helps and thanks. Smile
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
could it be anything else?
No, this switch is pressure filled. Tube runs down to bottom of tub from water level switch.
Depending on which level you set it at, water enters tube and pushed air against the switch. The switch corresponds to how you set it. When its satisfied, then it switches to the wash cycle. Thanks.
Another thot and just wondering? When you are not washing and the machine sits idle, or you come back next day, do you find water in the bottom of the tub or is it dry?