Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

We purchased a 2006 Coachman Elite Motor Home in March..when

Customer Question

We purchased a 2006 Coachman Elite Motor Home in March..when we left the dealership in Florida the refrigerator worked fine, it even made ice on the trip back to Virginia. Now we can not get it to come on..took it to a local RV repair shop and they could not get it to come on either..they said that they thought that it need a whole new control panel..they are now telling us that they are having trouble getting the has been three weeks and still no part..the model is 12.0cu. ft. 2 way, 4-door, RV refrigertator with ice maker. Do you really think this might be the problem and do you know why we can not find a part from the Norcold company.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
Hi....Bob here... I see you are having a problem with your it would honestly be difficult for me to tel you exactly what they diagnosed..I can tell you the controls on these units are very sensitive..Also if they are dealing directly with Norcold then the parts delay maybe warranted...What i can do from this end is provide you with a service manual for your fridge..It covers all the repairs and tests to make..Fairly easy to the comprehend..You could go over it and get a much better idea as to what the problem is and how it works.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
We already have a owner's mamual, is this what you mean? They told us that none of the companies that they get their parts from have this part. Would Norcold have this part in stock or do they have to go somewhere else? Is this ref. made in Japan?
You could try dealing direct with norcold...Otherwise you may have to wait...This is the service manual in which us techs use to diagnose the problem with..It is not the same as the owners manual...You would be able to verify that the board is the problem..
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How would I get this service manual ? Maybe this is what we need..How much does it cost?
I would first try to deal with Norcold directly for parts or at least verify ..CLICK HERE FOR THE MANUAL Once you open the link..Close out the advertisements....THen click on the download....There are also many distributors who sell the parts..CLICK HERE Thanks Bob
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
You are welcome..Also once you use the accept option today..Please stop by and leave some feedback ..Thanks Bob