Appliance Tech Larry
Appliance Tech Larry, Home Appliance tech
Experience:  Over 35 years of in home appliance repair and service

My Kenmore Gas dryer is not getting hot enough to dry clothes

My Kenmore Gas dryer is not getting hot enough to dry clothes? it normally take two to three cycles to dry a load.. I took the front cover off and observed the cycle. Ignitor worked and started the flame it ran for minute and half on first cycle then it shut off, off for almost two minutes and then it lit again and only stayed lit for eleven seconds and then it shut off again for almost two minutes.
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Appliance Tech Larry replied 5 years ago.
Hello I'm Larry and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

clean out the vent hose behind the dryer and also clean out the vent duct from behind the dryer to the outside of home and then it will heat and dry as it should ,, thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I clean out the hose on tuesday evening, it wasn't bad, I worked on 100 lb dryers in the NAVY for 22 years, I clean my dryer every three months because I have lazy kids and wife that doesn't alway clean the lint trap after each use.

haha i understand, if its been cleaned and still doing this then replace the set of coils on the gas valve, they cost about $35 each but if you have time to wait here is a site you can order the set for under $20 ,, thanks

click here to order
i see you have not press the accept button yet and I'm about to go off line so if you still have questions please ask now ,,, thanks
is there anything else i can do for you before i leave today
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

The dryer was purchased new in April 98 for my wife who worked on the military base. She used it for five months, she was transferred to where i was at and we had to buy an electric dryer. It s been in storage since since then wrapped in shrink wrap. I hook it up six weeks ago and it worked perfect for the past four weeks but I think it was in storage for two long and parts go bad over time

parts don't a time limit an setting up don't not make them go out from setting, i have seen these go out in brand new units of all makes and models ,, thanks