Tyler Z., Appliance Doc
Experience:  9+ years being an appliance technician with factory training.
13574879

hi. i own a whirlpool wfs1071bw washing machine. the appliance

Customer Question

hi. i own a whirlpool wfs1071bw washing machine. the appliance has been working fine for 2 years until now however i have come to use it and found that after draining the water it is telling me the door is open when i have securely shut it this as i am sure you are aware automatically stops the cycle continueing. Any advice?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Tyler Z. replied 6 years ago.
Hello, and thank you for using this service. I'll be helping you with your problem today.

If you're sure the door is shut and it is stateing that the door is open, you need to order and replace the door latch assembly because it's just not reading the door correctly. The part is normally about $75-80. You can try to unplug the unit for 60 seconds to reset the electronics, but that normally doesn't work.