Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

I have a kitchenaid whisper quiet plus dishwasher that will

I have a kitchenaid whisper quiet plus dishwasher that will not start. No lights are on and the fuse has been reset. Any suggestions as to what may be needed?
Category: Appliance
Expert:  Bob L Your Appl Pal replied 5 years ago.
Hi....Bob here... I see you are having a problem with your dishwasher..If you lost power completely all of a sudden ,then most likely you have a loose connection underneath the washer at the junction box..or the wall switch is in the off position..Many times the wires will become loose inside the wire nuts which connect the homes wires to the dishwasher.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Where are the wire nuts/junction box located under the washer? Is there a characteristic look to it? I am not sure when the power went off or if it went off suddenly. I have not noticed a wall switch that controls the dishwasher.

If the wires look ok, how expensive a solution could this be?
Sometimes the contractor will install a power switch on the wall..Allot of times people forget it is even there..Mostly when moving into new place..If there is not a wall switch..Then your next step would be to check the junction box..It is a small metal box ..Just under the front kickplate ..This is where the wires are connected..When you get corrosion inside the wirenuts that hold the two wires together they loose connection..If you can verified power at that point then you would next test the door switch.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I checked the junction box and it was ok.

It was the door latch. It was not triggering the door closed switch. I bent it down a bit and problem solved.

I appreciate your timely response.
Great job..Glad you are back up and running..Also once you use the accept option today..If you have time please stop by and leave some feedback...Thanks Bob