Bob L Your  Appl Pal
Bob L Your Appl Pal, Home Appliance Tech
Experience:  23 Years Major Appliance Repair

My Whirlpool Duet Washer is not operating, get codes H then

My Whirlpool Duet Washer is not operating, get codes H then F, so...?
Hi....Bob here... I see you are having a problem with your washer..The error is a indication of a slow fill ..Check the water supples make sure there are turned on..If so..remove the hoses from the back of the washer..Clean out the screens ...Reinstall then try restarting...If you still have a problem then most likely the water valve needs replacing.
Is the drum full of water now..?
If so clean the drain filter ...Then restart the washer..If you have checked the supply hose filter then you most likely have a pressure switch fault..Check the clear rubber hose to the switch for any cracks or breaks..Also please do not forget to use the accept option before leaving today..Thanks Bob

If there is water in the unit:
• Verify Drain pump operation
• Pressure Switch Hose is in good condition and properly connected to Tub and
Pressure switch
• Verify there is not a siphon problem
• Verify wire harness connections to; Inlet Valves, Pressure Switch, Drain Pump,
Flow Meter, and Central Control Unit (CCU)
• Check all hoses for possible leaks
• Verify pressure switch operation
• Verify flow meter operation
• Verify CCU operation
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Trying to do 'as instructed"--no screen found at wll connection, so onward I go..... moving machine, ect.

OK, No problem w/screens, clear as a bell,etc.

But... "Verify Drain pump operation"... How?
Does the drum have water in it..?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I believe so. The door is locked, and machine seems heavy. It started a wash cycle, then stopped, so... It feels like there is a "s-l-o-w s-l-o-s-s-i-n-g" when I try to jiggle whole machine, as if a load of wet clothing was inside, so to speak.
First off there should be a tech sheet inside...In the front very bottom..Remove the torx screws ..Pull the lower panel down and out toward you..You will see the drain pump filter cap...Get a shop vac ..Slowly loosen the cap at the same time catch the water with the vac..Once all the water is out..Check the filter ..Clean it out...You can do one of two things here...Try restarting..Or manually open the door..By reaching up at the door latch...There will be a plastic tab just under the door lock..Pull it down open the door..Remove the clothes then try restarting the load...
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Whew! Got front cover off... Finally!! Now to get wet-vac from garage,... Sorry, I'm not set-up, or experienced, etc., so this will take a bit...
No problem
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Well, got the water out... Couldn't figure out how to release the door, so reconnected the electrical to wall outlet. No change, the "Control Locked" L.E.D. is still on, pressing 'cancel doesn't change anything... What next?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Got the door open, removed heavy load of wet clothing. reset machine, it started , ran 5 sec's or so, then stopped and "Controls Locked" LED came ona gain... What to do?